I know I have been very bad at neglecting my dolls in the last few years but I hope it will change once more this summer! No, I have no specific plans right now to do anything special but I know I want to pick up at least one naked doll and make her a dress. I have a Lamilly I got as a first edition during the Kickstarter and she is still in her box. I want to work with my patterns and fabric once more and hope inspiration will strike sometime soon… perhaps between other projects like the vests, diaper bag liner, tunics, pants and jackets that are already on my list.
Keep an eye out eventually I’ll come back here as dolls are one of my primary loves for sewing!
I am currently fighting with a pinched nerve in my neck. Have been for over a month now but according to the chiropractor and massage therapist I’m seeing there’s improvement. Unfortunately it meant I did NOT get to sew or craft much this holiday season like I really like to do. I had several projects on my list for Christmas that may just have to wait a couple more months!
On my list are:
- A backpack for my Minecraft happy son in the shape of a Creeper with a pencil case also in the shape of one. His favorite critter in the game. To accomplish it I have the supplies including heavy denim in a pixelated camo! Down side is that it’s rough on the hands to cut out and right now it’s on the taboo list to do! I can dream about an electric cutter, the SKIL 2352-01 3.6-Volt Lithium-Ion Multi-Cutter that’d make it easier but I’m not likely to get anytime soon! I do have the Fiskars Contour Rotary Cutter which works fantastically for most things but in this case I think I’d prefer the electric version!
- My tablet bag which would allow me to carry my tablet and a whole purse full of other stuff including all my gadgets. This project is currently in pieces as it was set aside in favor of finishing a Jawa costume!
- More fleece pants would be nice to finish as it is, well, freezing outside! It’s a bit colder than average with the wind AND sub 0 temperatures! I have a pair of fleece pants I made in 2001 and I really should sit down and FIX those but a new pair would be nice to have as alternates.
- I’d also love to do another fleece skirt. I used to have a A-line skirt in fleece that was nice to wear and really warm in the winter!
- Fleece curtains for the bedroom to help keep the house warmer this winter. Really not all that complex to make and I might just break the ban on sewing after my daughter is done with her brother’s Christmas present to create the darn things! It’s cold.. oh I mentioned that earlier right?
Luckily for me I am getting better and looking at avoiding surgery so hopefully this winter I’ll get to complete a couple of those projects. Not doll ones but still sewing.
I did manage to do one doll project this month but ONLY because it was promised before the nerve acted up and ONLY with a LOT of help from Sera. She seems to really enjoy hand sewing work and did fantastically working in miniature. Together we created a semi-replica of Betsy Ross for Justice’s 5th grade history assignment, the Clock Tower Cafe. The room box is 3 feet tall (dad) and dollhouse furniture kit; a table, chairs and cabinet in 1″ scale put together by Justice, a counter created from scraps of foam core by dad (George) and is manned by a 1″ scale action figure of Ben Franklin!
Here’s to healing and a Happy New Year!
No matter what you do always write yourself a note to go with new patterns and cut out projects. You never know how long it will be until you get back to an item! I am working on a beautiful square neck lame top and black pleated pants suit item for my Dollfie but for the life of me I can’t figure out what I was thinking when I designed and cut the project out! The top isn’t so bad and is almost done now but the pants have me completely puzzled so I’m hoping that once I have the top done and on her the rest will fall into place! Here’s a good example of a simple New Pattern or Project Planning Page:
I have many items that I cut out several years ago and Friday morning I pulled one out that I no longer had the pattern with…so while I basted a pretty blue strapless dress I have yet to figure out who it will fit! At least it’s basted together! Hmmmm maybe I should stitch it and then take some photos soon!