Time to sew? I wish I had time for sewing and I suppose I do I just have chosen to not sew in a while. There are a are a variety of reasons such as the garage is a mess, the floor is very cold, my suplies are a disaster zone but all of those are excuses and can easily be fixed. I’m now working on building a new routine to do writing each day with one site per day as a goal.
A secondary goal would be to get ahead writing and free up time further but first lets get daily down. I have time set aside to work on some ideas for a couple dolls and just need to sit still long enough with the right computer to do them. I also need to just go clean and complete some long term projects to fix the issues I have with not wanting to be out in the cold garage. Someone want to poke way me to get moving towards my goals?
I am currently fighting with a pinched nerve in my neck. Have been for over a month now but according to the chiropractor and massage therapist I’m seeing there’s improvement. Unfortunately it meant I did NOT get to sew or craft much this holiday season like I really like to do. I had several projects on my list for Christmas that may just have to wait a couple more months!
On my list are:
- A backpack for my Minecraft happy son in the shape of a Creeper with a pencil case also in the shape of one. His favorite critter in the game. To accomplish it I have the supplies including heavy denim in a pixelated camo! Down side is that it’s rough on the hands to cut out and right now it’s on the taboo list to do! I can dream about an electric cutter, the SKIL 2352-01 3.6-Volt Lithium-Ion Multi-Cutter that’d make it easier but I’m not likely to get anytime soon! I do have the Fiskars Contour Rotary Cutter which works fantastically for most things but in this case I think I’d prefer the electric version!
- My tablet bag which would allow me to carry my tablet and a whole purse full of other stuff including all my gadgets. This project is currently in pieces as it was set aside in favor of finishing a Jawa costume!
- More fleece pants would be nice to finish as it is, well, freezing outside! It’s a bit colder than average with the wind AND sub 0 temperatures! I have a pair of fleece pants I made in 2001 and I really should sit down and FIX those but a new pair would be nice to have as alternates.
- I’d also love to do another fleece skirt. I used to have a A-line skirt in fleece that was nice to wear and really warm in the winter!
- Fleece curtains for the bedroom to help keep the house warmer this winter. Really not all that complex to make and I might just break the ban on sewing after my daughter is done with her brother’s Christmas present to create the darn things! It’s cold.. oh I mentioned that earlier right?
Luckily for me I am getting better and looking at avoiding surgery so hopefully this winter I’ll get to complete a couple of those projects. Not doll ones but still sewing.
I did manage to do one doll project this month but ONLY because it was promised before the nerve acted up and ONLY with a LOT of help from Sera. She seems to really enjoy hand sewing work and did fantastically working in miniature. Together we created a semi-replica of Betsy Ross for Justice’s 5th grade history assignment, the Clock Tower Cafe. The room box is 3 feet tall (dad) and dollhouse furniture kit; a table, chairs and cabinet in 1″ scale put together by Justice, a counter created from scraps of foam core by dad (George) and is manned by a 1″ scale action figure of Ben Franklin!
Here’s to healing and a Happy New Year!